SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST: JOB DESCRIPTION
BIRD is a dynamic niche PR agency that helps visionary luxury travel and hotel brands launch, grow and protect their reputations. We work as passionate ambassadors for our clients to deliver high-impact campaigns that encompass publicity, digital, social and tastemaker engagement alongside travel industry exposure and brand consultancy. We are a small, energetic and tight-knit team of thirteen PR professionals and industry influencers with clients located in all corners of the world. Our values and ethics drive us, our clients inspire us, and our teamwork unites us.
We’re also told we have great taste – our edit of clients is carefully curated, and this is what defines us. We have our finger on the pulse of travel and lifestyle trends and our eye on the horizon to ensure our clients’ brands are not just relevant today, but also tomorrow. Integrity is our hallmark; we are sticklers for quality and strive for excellence. We work honestly, loyally and with transparency but with a healthy dose of humour and light-heartedness.
We are looking for a experienced social media consultant to join BIRD on a part-time basis to oversee social media strategy and performance for both the agency and a roster of select clients with the support of the wider team. We can guarantee two days a week for starters however this could scale up based on business needs.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have minimum 2-3 years’ experience in social media management
• Have agency experience; an agile multi-tasker with excellent time management skills
• Be an inspiring team player to help oversee, motivate and train two executives
• Have strong client communication skills and be a competent presenter
• Have an eye for design; well versed in using tools such as Canva, InShot, Photoshop, Lightroom, Unfold
• Be a strong storyteller with a snappy turn of phrase
• Be tech-savvy and performance-driven, constantly monitoring and optimising key KPIs in line with the changing algorithms
• Be commercially minded to work with the founder on growing revenue from social
Your responsibilities will include:
• Devising creative social media strategies to build brand narrative and boost channel performance
• Senior client liaison to present social media strategies, content plans, reports and ad hoc advisory
• Commission and direct content creators and photoshoots on behalf of clients
• Working with the PR team to create content and oversee two social media executives in the day-to-day channel management and community engagement
• Oversee monthly reports with the executives and engage in deeper KPI analysis when required
• Monitor SEO strategy on social media channels, altering as required to ensure content performance
• Keep abreast of new digital technologies, tools and social media best practice to ensure we are sharing trending social media innovations with our clients and colleagues
• Devise and present inspiring training sessions for colleagues and clients to present social media skills, trends, and innovations
• Work with the founder on business development related to pitching, pricing and added services for social media services
Start date: January 2023
Contract: 2x days per week
4-month initial contract with scope to extend term and hours
Rates: Day rate to be agreed based on experience
Location: Hybrid working combining WFH with Soho Works 180 The Strand
Applications: Please email CV, cover letter and example case studies F.A.O. Rebecca Inchley to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be expected to informally present creative/strategic recommendations for BIRD social channels in first interview and meet the founder in second round.